Complete Response Solutions runs a Flu Vaccination Program from March to July each year when influenza is at its peak in Australia. Employers know how easily viruses can spread through their workforce, especially in industries with high levels of human contact as well as when environmental factors work against us. The World Health Organisation recommends annual vaccinations which are essential to combat the various strains of influenza which present each year.
· 25% reduction in the frequency of upper respiratory illnesses
· 43% reduction in absenteeism from work due to influenza related symptoms
· 36% reduction in absenteeism due to all illnesses
· Cost benefit to employers is at least $25 per person vaccinated
· It is not possible get influenza from the influenza vaccination within Australia, it is not a live vaccine
· Within Australia, the Influenza vaccine is generally well tolerated and accepted. All immunisations have a very small risk of reaction, the most commonly documented reaction is soreness around the infection area, seldom fever and body aches
· We strongly suggest the Influenza vaccine is not given to any individuals with a severe egg or egg product allergy